Good Thursday to everyone! Today we will inaugurate our new headline #FoodFantasy with the recepies of Sabine’s Beignets. In episode 5 of season 7 of Once upon a Time Sabine showed us her kitchen’s skills. She prepared and sold her delicious beignets with success. To pursue her goals with Jacinda bought a food truck with the help of our Detective Rogers.
Here is our recepies to make her beignets.
INGREDIENTS FOR 50 PIECES.
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup lukewarm water (95-115˚F)
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, room temperature and lightly beaten
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
oil for frying
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all chai-spice ingredients until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar into water and allow mixture to sit and get frothy, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in buttermilk, 1 teaspoon prepared chai-spice, baking soda, salt, and egg.
4. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until fully incorporated and a rough dough comes together. Turn mixture out onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead for 4 to 6 minutes or until a smooth dough forms.
5. Place dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Allow dough to sit in a warm area until double in size, about 1 hour.
6. Fill a tall-and wide pot with 2-inches oil and preheat to 350˚F.
7. Once dough has doubled in size, punch down in center to deflate, turn out onto a clean, lightly floured surface and cut dough into two equal pieces. Cover one piece of dough and roll out the other until 1/8 inch thick.
8. Slice rolled dough into a crosshatch pattern, creating 1-inch diamonds. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
9. Carefully and gently drop a few pieces of dough into the hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
10. Drain onto a baking sheet lined with paper towels and repeat until all dough has been fried.
11. In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar and remaining chai-spice and scoop some of the mixture into a fine mesh sieve.
12. Top beignets with a generous amount chai-spiced powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Let me know if you will use this and make this delicious Sabine’s Beignets.
Don’t miss to visit our FB page SurvivedtheShows and like to remain always updated.